Saturday 17 February 2024

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

 I try to spread it around.  Not order everything from Amazon, I mean.  Especially books.  I always try to order from Indigo when sending birthday gift books.  Canadian company and all that.  

Big mistake.  Yesterday, I completed the online order form for an electronic gift card so my young grandson can enjoy picking out his own books. I enter my daughter's email so she can print the "gift" and give it to him on his birthday.   When I complete the order and hit the send button, I get a message.  It wants the CVC number from my credit card.  Fair play.  The only problem? There's nowhere on the order form to fill it in.  I call customer service.  Some half an hour later, a suggestion.  Use a different browser.  

Okay.  Start over, different browser.  Hurray!  It works. Delivery that day, it says.  In relatively good time, I get a confirmation email.  Unfortunately, the email says it will deliver the gift card to 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home