Saturday 20 August 2005

what were they thinking 1: marketing dept.

Maple Leaf Foods has a very funny ad which depicts a "boss" interviewing a job candidate by sniffing and physically examining him.

He gets the job, but it's more than just looks that count, the voiceover tells us. Indeed.

Then it goes on: here at Maple Leaf we have....blah blah.....and veterinarians to make sure ....blah blah...

Have they lost their marketing minds?

I don't know about you, but the only thing that keeps me from becoming a vegetarian is my ability to totally disassociate the patty on my plate from the chicken, turkey, steer or fish from which it originally sprang.

By creating a link between their products -- which I do usually buy -- and the kindly docs who look after my pets, Maple Leaf is coming dangerously close to driving me over to the other side. When you tell me a veterinarian looks after my meat, it loses its status as anonymous protein and becomes, oh dear, something with a face.

Cut it out, okay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home